Friday, January 23, 2009

huh..

well i made my batches of glazes and went for it.

gotta say, I don't like them. (haha) The light turquoise is acceptable when applied thickly, the cobalt blue is way too dark, the yellow and burgundy wine failed.

at least i am crackle free, just need to tweak the colors and find a better way to inlay the underglaze or move on to black slip. I go back and forth between wanting a sketchy quality and a clean line. I should probably make up my mind.

anyway.. pictures!


oh and here is my prize cup possession after the dogs ran into the house. Won't lie, I about cried.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket






Photobucket
pretty rad crack along the rim on this one



Photobucket

2 comments:

Judi Tavill said...

Cheer up girl friend... and welcome to the club.
I cry too..

monica said...

Thanks Judi! I'm over the crying part and might make a mosaic or glue it back together for a small planter. :)